Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kids Message Corkboard

          I wanted to make message boards for my 2 girls rooms but also wanted to be able to be able to tack things on it if we ever needed to.  This was really simple to make.

Materials used:

 17x23 Board Dudes corkboard with wood frame (if I could find one that large without a frame I would have bought it.)
 
Jessie James Big Glitter Dots

5/8 Satin Ribbon

 1 yard of fabric (I only used about 1/2 because it's folded in half.)

A pair of scissors & a hot glue gun
 
Instructions:
 
Remove wood frame.
 
Cut your choice fabric in half.
 
Lay fabric evenly over the cork board.
 
Use your hot glue gun to secure excess fabric to the back of the board.
 
Lay ribbon over the board diagonally where you want it and then cut and repeat until you have the criss cross look. (I didn't measure mine so make sure you leave extra to glue to the back)
 
When you are done glue the ribbon down in the back.
 
For every time the ribbon crosses I glued a glitter dot and also added a dab of glue under the ribbon to the board and in between the 2 ribbon pieces. (This way all of the ribbon and the embellishments are secure.)
 
Lastly, I used a piece of ribbon and glued each end to both sides of the top of the corkboard. Now you can hang it up! Done!
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment