Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Love Tile Collage

          I made this one for my husband for Valentine's Day I believe.  It's kind of girly, but he loves it and it matches our bedroom.  Win, win situation. 

          I am not sure what this wood is called but it isn't like the composite wood. The top of it is smooth and it cuts well without damaging the edges so I decided to use this.  I paid for a huge sheet of this for about $8.  Home Depot and Lowe's are only supposed to cut large pieces, so I had them do what they could and let my husband finish the rest with his jigsaw (and he complained that a skill saw would work better but he didn't have one....yet) 

          Other materials I used for this project are: 12x12 scrapbook paper, 9 4x6 pictures, wood glue, craft glue stick, wood letters, wood heart, 2 sawtooth picture hangers, exacto knife and acrylic paint.

          I used 11 pieces of this wood for my project.  The large piece is 12x12, the 2nd largest piece that says love is 5x12 and the 9 tiles are 4x4 inches.

How to make:    

1.) Paint sides of all 11 pieces & your wood letters and heart. (Whichever colors you choose.)

2.) Once everything is dry, glue scrapbook paper to large pieces with the craft glue stick.  (I used the exacto knife to cut off excess paper on both.)

3.) Glue your wood letters to the 5x12 wood using wood glue.  Set aside to dry.

5.) Glue your pictures to the 4x4 squares. Let dry and then flip them over and use your exacto knife to cut off the excess photo paper.

6.) Glue your squares to the larger piece of wood making sure the spacing is even between all of them.

7.) Once dry put sawtooth picture hangers on the back. You're done!





 


         

No comments:

Post a Comment